We know that families have options when making decisions about education for their children. And, now some families living outside the boundaries of the district have the option to choose Carrollton-Farmers Branch School District (C-FB ISD) because of limited open enrollment.
The district has added 2 areas to the previously existing 2 areas for limited open enrollment. Only families living in these four areas outside the C-FB ISD boundaries are eligible for the open enrollment program. You can check your address for eligibility online at http://cfbmaps.com
Area 1 is defined as parts of the cities of Coppell and Valley Ranch, west of the Carrollton-Farmers Branch ISD boundaries, south of Highway121, east of Denton Tap/Beltline Road North, and north of I-635.
Students residing in Area 1 and entering grades K-9 in the fall of 2016 may make an open enrollment transfer application to attend Riverchase Elementary, Bush Middle School or Ranchview High School.
Area 2 is defined as the City of Farmers Branch outside of the boundaries of the Carrollton-Farmers Branch ISD.
Students residing in Area 2 and entering grades K-9 in the fall of 2016 may make an open enrollment transfer application to attend Stark Elementary School, Field Middle School or Turner High School.
Area 3 is defined as part of the city of Irving, south and west of the Carrollton-Farmers Branch ISD boundaries, north of Northgate Drive West and south of Highway 635, east of Beltline Road North, and west of MacArthur Blvd. North.
Students residing in Area 3 and entering grades K-9 in the fall of 2016 may make an open enrollment transfer application to attend Las Colinas Elementary, Bush Middle School or Ranchview High School.
Area 4 is defined as part of the city of Irving, south of the Carrollton-Farmers Branch ISD boundaries, west of Riverside Drive, and north of Northwest Highway.
Students residing in Area 4 and entering grades K-9 in the fall of 2016 may make an open enrollment transfer application to attend La Villita Elementary, Bush Middle School or Ranchview High School.
All applications for open enrollment are required to meet the following standards… the student must:
- Offer proof of 90% attendance for the previous semester and the most recent six or nine week grading period.
- Pass all classes in the current and last semester completed.
- Pass all portions of his or her latest state test/assessment exam. Students from home school, private school or non-accredited school must show satisfactory achievement on district approved assessments.
- Have a record that shows no disciplinary infractions that resulted in a mandatory placement in the Disciplinary Alternative Education Program (DAEP) or any placement at the Juvenile Justice Alternative Education Program (JJAEP) during the current and prior school years.
- All open enrollment transfers are approved for a period of one school year, and students accepted under the open enrollment policy must reapply annually.
- Students will be approved for admission based on space, availability of building capacity, grade level staffing limitations, a lottery process, and upon meeting all required criteria.
- Application is by student and not by family. There is no guarantee that siblings will be approved to attend Carrollton-Farmers Branch ISD through the open enrollment process.
- Students accepted to an open enrollment campus may not apply for transfer to another District campus.
- Provide their own transportation to and from school.
REASONS FOR REVOCATION
- Repeated failure to abide by the rules specified in the C-FB Student Code of Conduct.
- Student commits a disciplinary infraction that mandates removal to the DAEP or JJAEP.
- Documented pattern of late arrivals, late pick-ups and/or poor attendance.
- Falsification of information.
- Failure to meet the enrollment criteria annually.
- Relocation out of the open enrollment attendance zone.
Students charged with a felony offense are not eligible for a transfer regardless of whether the alleged offense occurred on or off school property.