|Turner School College Contacts|
|Theresa Buntain||Senior Class Sponsorfirstname.lastname@example.org||972-968-5400|
|Annissa Mitchell||College & Careeremail@example.com||972-968-5404|
|Pam Binford||College Center Coordinatorfirstname.lastname@example.org||972-968-5441|
|Janine Kay||CHAMP Counseloremail@example.com||972-968-5427|
|Suzanne Serris||iLead Counselorfirstname.lastname@example.org||972-968-5426|
|Ellen Underwood||ACE Counseloremail@example.com||972-968-5428|
|Jordan Jackson||COMET Counselorfirstname.lastname@example.org||972-968-6456|
|Kim Rangel||9 gr and Crisis Counseloremail@example.com||972-968-6469|
Located in A-Hall, downstairs, directly across from CHAMP office. Both Ms. Mitchell and Ms. Binford offices are there. Pick up:
- SAT and ACT information,
- test fee waivers,
- scholarship information,
and sign up to speak with college reps that visit campus.
Also find information on:
- dual credit,
- night school,
- summer school and
SAT/ACT Testing Dates
Don’t forget to send scores to colleges!
*SAT* www.sat.org Estimated Fees between $45-$55, Fee Waivers available to qualifying students on F/R lunch program from the College Center
2017-18 schedule not yet posted
*ACT* www.act.org Estimated Fees between $40-$60, Fee Waivers Available to qualifying students on F/R lunch program from the College Center.
|Test Date||Deadline||Late Fee Required|
|September 9||August 4||August 5-18|
|October 28||September 22||September 23-October 6|
|December 9||November 3||November 4-17|
|February 10||January 12||January 13-19|
|April 14||March 9||March 10-23|
|June 9||May 4||May 5-18|
|July 14||June 15||June 16-22|
*FASFA*: (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) www.fasfa.ed.gov
The earlier you file, the greater your chances of receiving the aid you need.
Information in the College Center about what documents you need to gather to complete the form.
Local: Through the C-FB Education Foundation – Info at RLT College Center
Turner PTSA: For students that joined PTSA – Info at RLT College Center
Popular College Planning, Scholarships, Grants, Financial Aid Resources:
- Collegexpress.com www.schoolsoup.com
- Collegeboard.com www.finaid.org
- Collegenet.com www.studentaid.ed.gov
- Fastweb.com www.financialaidtoolkit.ed.gov
- Scholarshipexperts.com www.mycollegedollars.com
College Application Types
- applytexas.org: Apply for admission to any Texas public university, as well as to participating community and private colleges
- brookhavencollege.edu: Apply for Brookhaven College
- dcccd.edu: Apply for a Dallas County Community College in our area.
- commonapp.org undergraduate college admission application that applicants may use to apply to any of 517 member colleges and universities in 47 states
- Out-of-State schools often have their own application form
- For official school provided copies, go to Records office (A hall). Copies are $5 each. You will need to pick-up any transcript you request in the records office, they will not be delivered to classes. There is 24 hour turn-around for all transcript orders.
- T-REx (Texas Records Exchange) done through our RLT records office – No Fee – sent to Texas public schools via electronic transfer.
- parchment.com Transcripts sent electronically to any school. There is a small, per transcript fee, of $5.
Subscribe to weekly School announcements for parents – The PTSA send a weekly email to parents with all the school announcement and other information of interest to parents.
To subscribe to the eshare go to: goo.gL/da4rna
We send out one in English and one in Spanish. En Español!
Parent Self-Serve – Through CFBISD: Check student grades & absences
Turner Senior Information web-page – Turner webpage, look for ‘Student life’ tab, then for ‘Senior Information’. The link is:
Balfour.com – Graduation packages have many package/price ranges. These are examples only. Basic: Cap, Gown & Tassel only (Estimate): $50
Announcements (Estimate): $1 each. Name cards, address labels, etc. extra.
Extreme Pack: includes cap/gown, announcements, senior gear and more (Estimate) $280
Prestigeportraits.com – Choice for Senior Pictures – Many packages available. Sitting fee Estimate: $20. Actual picture packages will vary depending on number of outfits, backgrounds, poses. FOR SENIOR YEARBOOK PHOTO
- Boys need to wear a shirt with no collar
- Girls need to wear or bring a tank top to wear underneath the drape.
Facial piercings or hats of any kind are NOT allowed in the senior portrait.
Photos must be taken and in to Mrs. Horn by October 31, 2017.