Since 2011, I have been fortunate to have an assistant in my counseling office – Paris the Therapy Dog. Paris is an 8 pound hypoallergenic Havanese that trained hard both at home and school to acquire her certification through the rigorous AKC “Good Citizen” program. Not only did little Paris exceed the AKC standards, but she is one of the youngest ever to qualify for this prestigious certification! Paris will be here on the Janie Stark campus most Wednesdays and Fridays working with our children in small groups, individually, and in the instructional classroom setting.
- A Therapy Dog is a dog with outstanding temperament.
- A Therapy Dog tolerates other animals.
- A Therapy Dog wants to visit with people.
- A Therapy Dog loves children.
- A Therapy Dog gets along with other dogs.
- A Therapy Dog adapts well to each individual person/setting.
If you have questions about Paris, her health or veterinary records, AKC “Good Citizen” certification requirements, projects she is involved with here on our campus – or if you’d just like to see how Paris can benefit your own child – please do not hesitate to contact me.