Families interested in the Two-Way Dual Language Program for the 2017-2018 school year should fill out the interest form (link below).
CFBISD is offering a Two-Way Dual Language Program to students who will be entering Kindergarten in the fall of 2017. In existence since the fall of 2006, this program offers the opportunity to learn to read, write and speak in both English and Spanish. From Kindergarten through the eighth grade, students in the Two-Way Dual Language Program develop strong literacy skills in both languages.
Students entering Kindergarten in the fall of 2017 may request to participate in the program at Stark or Thompson. McKamy Elementary school also has a dual language program that is only open to McKamy students.
The Two-Way Dual Language Program is an asset for English speaking students who:
- Have parents committed to reading to them in English daily.
- Have English as their first language and score fluent on the oral proficiency test administered by the district.
- Are self-motivated and interested in learning.
Application requirements for admission:
- Students entering Kindergarten in the fall of 2017 fill out the the interest form beginning January 18 to participate in the program.
- Enrollment is based on availability. Since enrollment is on a first come, first served basis, filling out the online interest form and/or applying does not guarantee admittance.
- This program is also available for Bilingual Spanish speaking students.
- Parents are required to complete the Two-Way Dual Language Interest Form available on the website beginning January 18 and sign a 3-year commitment upon acceptance into the program.
- Parents must attend a Two-Way Dual Language information session at ANY campus (see information session schedule below).
- If accepted into the two-way dual language program and it is not their home campus, the parent is responsible for transportation.
- Students must be 5 years old by September 1 to qualify.
For more information, contact
Olivia Perez, M.Ed
or at firstname.lastname@example.org
You may also contact McKamy Elementary (972-968-2400), Stark Elementary (972-968-3300), or Thompson Elementary (972-968-3400) for additional information.